Care Plus Deet Free Insect Repellent with Icaridin
- 20% Icaridin
- Repels mosquitoes & ticks for up to 12 hours & Black flies for up to 10 hours
- Easy to use 100ml pump spray
- Can be used on children 6 months of age and older
- Does not damage synthetic materials
- Expiry 5 years
- Icaridin is a new topical insect repellent that entered the U.S. market in 2005 and was approved by Health Canada in 2012.
- For children, Health Canada currently permits use of up to 10% DEET three times daily for those aged two to 12 years and once a day for children aged six months to two years. By contrast, children aged six months or older are permitted to use up to 20% icaridin. Hence, icaridin is the preferred repellent for this age category, with DEET as a second choice.
- DEET or icaridin should not be used on infants under the age of six months.